Use of GetNet, Inc. for illegal activities of any kind, including unauthorized use of GetNet, Inc.'s systems or network, forging information (user accounts, passwords, etc.) or the practice of software piracy is strictly prohibited.
World Wide Web
Use of text, images, HTML code, Java code or sound files created by others without their permission is considered copyright infringement and is strictly prohibited on GetNet, Inc.'s network. Personal home pages are designed to provide information about the user and to entertain others. They are not designed for advertising purposes. Business web page accounts are available for advertising. Reselling web space, selling advertising on a web site, or taking credit card orders requires a GetNet, Inc. commerce account. Pages containing explicit material (such as pornography) are strictly prohibited.
Sending harassing or unsolicited e-mail of any kind, whether it is to a newsgroup, an individual email address, or list of email addresses, is strictly prohibited. Forging user information in e-mail is prohibited. Use of programs in a malicious manner on GetNet, Inc.'s network or through GetNet, Inc.'s resources is strictly prohibited.
Internet Relay Chat
Use of IRC bots (such as Eggdrop) on GetNet, Inc.'s network is strictly prohibited. Impersonating other users by forging one's email address is strictly prohibited.
Public FTP Sites
Use of GetNet, Inc.'s FTP server for advertising purposes requires a GetNet, Inc. business account. Files containing explicit material (such as pornography) may not be stored on GetNet, Inc.'s FTP server. Use of GetNet, Inc.'s FTP server to transfer or distribute pirated or copyrighted software is strictly prohibited.
GetNet, Inc. User Business Policies
These policies apply to any user accessing GetNet, Inc.'s network either directly through ISDN, DSL or dial-up as well as but not limited to SSH, Telnet, FTP, and/or web activity.
- All provisions of GetNet, Inc.'s Business Policies apply to the User's Principal Account and Associate Accounts billed to the Principal Account.
- The benefits of or rights conferred by these policies are nontransferable. Use of GetNet, Inc. accounts is expressly limited to the individual or business whose name appears on the account and dependents of the account holder living at the same address.
- User agrees to use the service in manner consistent with any and all applicable laws. In the event that this account is not used in accordance with all Applicable Laws including, but not limited to Local, State or Federal Laws, GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to cooperate with all or any law enforcement agencies.
- User agrees to follow the Acceptable Use Policy of any network, or resource, user connects to or uses, including GetNet. Inc.'s system.
- Use of GetNet, Inc. for advertising or promotion of a commercial product or service without an GetNet, Inc. business account is prohibited. Reselling of web space on the GetNet, Inc. user server is prohibited.
- Posting of off topic, commercial posts to Usenet newsgroups, or unsolicited advertising of any kind, as well as unsolicited email that originates elsewhere but refers to any of accounts on GetNet, Inc.'s systems, will result in removal of users entire account, including, but not limited to, all email, web page files, and any other data that is stored on GetNet, Inc.'s system.
- User is responsible for all use of User's account(s) and confidentially of password(s). GetNet, Inc. will suspend access or change access to User's account(s) immediately upon notification by User that his/her password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. GetNet, Inc. is not liable for any usage and or charges prior to GetNet, Inc. making the necessary account alteration.
- User agrees to pay GetNet, Inc. all charges relating to the use of User's account(s) according to rates and prices stated on said sales order at the time of commencement, INCLUDING A ONE TIME SIGNUP FEE (where applicable).
- User is responsible for charges at the time the service is used and GetNet, Inc. may apply the amount due to User's credit card at any time.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to change prices on 60 days notice published Online.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to suspend access to service for User's account(s) upon an indication of credit problems including delinquent payments or rejection of any credit card charges.
- The GetNet, Inc. service is provided on an "as is, as available" basis. No warranties, Expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are made with respect to GetNet, Inc. or any information or software therein. This in no way includes any reimbursement for losses of income due to disruption of service by GetNet, Inc. or its providers.
- Neither GetNet, Inc. nor its Information Providers are responsible for any damages arising from User's use of GetNet. Inc. or by User's inability to use GetNet, Inc. service.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to change without notice the GetNet, Inc. service, including, but not limited to, access procedures, hours of operation, menu structures, commands, documentation, vendors and services offered.
- GetNet, Inc. is not responsible for User's personal files residing on GetNet, Inc.'s system. User is responsible for independent backup of his or her data stored on GetNet, Inc..
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to delete User's personal files after one or both parties violate a policy contained herein.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to delete any information entered into GetNet, Inc. by User. GetNet. Inc. and its authorized representatives shall have the right, but shall not be obligated, to edit publicly viewable information.
- User hereby agrees that any material submitted for publication on GetNet, Inc. through user's account(s) does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, statutory, common law or proprietary rights of others, or contain anything obscene or libelous. Software intended to facilitate any such violations or infringements may not be stored on GetNet, Inc..
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or terminate service to anyone at anytime for any reason.
- GetNet, Inc., at its sole business judgment, may terminate any account immediately or suspend User's access to the service upon any breach of a policy contained herein by a User, including, but not limited to, refusal or failure to pay for services provided or by sole judgment of GetNet, Inc. that User may be performing activities harmful to GetNet, Inc. or its Users, employees, vendors, business relationships or any other users of the Internet.
- This document and the rights and duties of the parties shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Arizona.
- GetNet, Inc. may modify these terms and conditions upon notice published Online via GetNet, Inc.. User's use of GetNet, Inc. services after such notice shall constitute User's acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Non-enforcement of any section of these policies does not constitute consent and GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to enforce these policies at its sole discretion.
- Monthly Dues must be paid on a timely basis to maintain User's membership privileges. Monthly dues charges will continue regardless of your use unless and until you notify us in writing that you wish to cancel your membership, which you may do at any time, unless bound by a specific term or agreement.
- A refund may be offered for unused portions of your Getnet services. If you are paying for services on a long-term (ie. Annual or Semi-Annual) rate in order to receive a discount, and cancel services prior to the end of your paid period, a refund based on the standard monthly rate will be offered for unused portions of the service. Refunds equalling less than one months payment will not be offered.
- When paying by check, User expressly authorizes GetNet, Inc. to debit User's checking account for the amount of a check returned unpaid by User's bank, plus up to a $25.00 returned check fee. 26.The User is in default of this Contract if: 1. Any User covered by this contract fails to obey any present or future GetNet. Inc. rule or regulation; or 2. We do not receive a monthly payment on or before its due date; or 3. Any material statement by the User in this contract is false.
- Failure to use this account(s) does not relieve the User of payment obligations.
- In the event the User violates any one of these business policies, GetNet, Inc. may suspend or revoke the User's membership privileges and the User may have to reapply for membership at the price GetNet, Inc. is charging to new members. The User agrees to pay GetNet, Inc.'s reasonable attorney's fees and court costs, where permitted, in collecting the amount remaining in the User's contract as stated in the sales order.
- Communication systems are subject to degradation of service from phenomena such as so called "Line-Noise" interference and other causes beyond the reasonable control of GetNet, Inc..
- GetNet, Inc. may assign this order, its rights here under and its ownership of said service and commitment at anytime without notice.
- Customer may not cancel orders placed in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
- In addition to any price specified herein, User shall pay the gross amount of any present or future sales, use, excise, value added or other similar taxes applicable to the price, sales or delivery of any products or services furnished here under or to their use by customer.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to terminate or change priority of any process started by User.
- GetNet, Inc. reserves the right to collect damages (software, hardware & labor) if any harm is done to GetNet, Inc., which requires tracking of people, repair, or reconfiguration of any kind.
- GetNet, Inc. may offer a trial period during which the User may cancel membership without incurring any costs. It is the responsibility of the User to contact GetNet, Inc. to cancel during the trial period and receive verification that cancellation has occurred. Failure to use the account(s) does not constitute cancellation.
- GetNet, Inc. may offer credits to users who refer additional users who sign up for and keep GetNet, Inc. accounts through at least one billing cycle, provided that the new users signing up mention at the time of signup the login name or accounting ID number of the user who referred them.
- GetNet, Inc. may offer discounts to customers who qualify for educational or promotional discounts. GetNet, Inc. may offer reduced rates to users who meet certain demographic requirements.
- Port scanning or "strobing" any of GetNet, Inc.'s server machines, client machines, or any other computer on the Internet is strictly prohibited and will result in cancellation of service and a report will be filed with the proper authorities.
- Making, storing, or using any known or unknown exploits to affect GetNet, Inc.'s, or any other company or individual, is strictly prohibited and will result in cancellation of service and a report will be filed with the proper authorities.
- Any attempt to create a "Denial of Service" on GetNet, Inc.'s servers, or using GetNet, Inc.'s servers to create a "Denial of Service" on any other computer, server, router, switch, hub, printer, etc. is strictly prohibited and will result in cancellation of service, and a report will be filed with the proper authorities.
- Using services, or resources, not allocated to Customer is strictly prohibited, and will result in cancellation of service.
- GetNet, Inc. does not accept "unfamiliarity with policy" as a valid defense.
- GetNet, Inc.'s accounts are subject to availability. GetNet, Inc. is NOT responsible for 'busy' periods in which the system is not available due to excessive call volume.
- Copying, distributing or manipulating any imagery, sound and/or text from GetNet, Inc.'s web page is considered copyright infringement and is strictly prohibited.
- Use of GetNet, Inc.'s logo to create a link from your home page to our web page is permitted as long as:
Late Fee Policy
- The logo is NOT changed in any way.
- The logo is associated to the link http://www.getnet.com.
- Proper credit is given to GetNet, Inc. for the design of GetNet, Inc.'s company logo.
As of September 2007, Getnet Inc. will be initiating a new late fee policy applicable to all business and residential customers. This policy will have little to no impact on most Getnet customers, as any bill paid within 30 (thirty) days of the due date will not be charged a late fee. Any charge which surpasses 30 (thirty) days past the due date will automatically be charged a late fee equalling 3% of the value of the invoice or a minimum of $3. Getnet Inc. is happy to work with any customers to make alternate arrangements if necessary, but this fee will be charged by default to any customers who are past due.